Alliance Sends Budget Priorities To Legislature
The presidents of the Northern Michigan Chamber Alliance sent a letter to legislators Monday, March 6th outlining their state budget priorities for Michigan’s 2017-18 Fiscal Year.
Through direct feedback from Alliance communities, the five priorities target impactful programs and pressing challenges to growing and doing business in northern Michigan.
- Maintain Pure Michigan campaign funding levels – $36 million
- Narrow the gap in K-12 per pupil funding using the 2x formula
- Increase investment in impactful skill training and talent programs
- Increase of $20 million for the Skilled Trades Training Fund (STTF)
- Increase of $10 million for the P.A.T.H worker training program
- Alpena Natural Resources Trust Fund Grant – $205,000 for Starlight Beach Splash Pad & Beach Improvements
- Community College capital outlay
- Alpena Community College Center for Health Sciences & Student Success – $6.7 million
- Northwestern Michigan College 21st Century Innovation Center – $7 million
- North Central Michigan College AD/CL Classroom Renovation & Expansion – $6.8 million
To read the full memo to legislators, click below:
2017 Budget priorities memo_legislature