Alliance Announces 2015 Legislative Priorities
The Northern Michigan Chamber Alliance revealed its 2015 legislative priorities while in Lansing for the Governor’s State of the State address on January 21, 2015.
- Comprehensive Statewide Energy policy that ensures energy reliability and affordability in northern Michigan.
- Continue to close the gap in K-12 per pupil funding.
- Support updated programs, policies, and investment in talent and workforce development, training, retention, and attraction.
- Support comprehensive transportation infrastructure funding, including roads, airports, rail, and shipping.
- Support regulatory reforms where needed.
- Retain funding for Pure Michigan.
- Retain funding for Great Start Readiness Program and early childhood education.
- Support the expansion of business infrastructure in northern Michigan.