On Wednesday the executives of the Northern Michigan Regional Chamber Alliance visited the Office of Regulatory Reinvention in Lansing.
Here is what we learned:
Under the Governors Executive Order every rule will be evaluated under these 7 guidelines.
1. Health or safety benefits
2. Whether rules mandated by constitution/statutory provision
3. Cost of compliance (complexity, reporting and other factors)
4. Whether conflict with/duplicate similar state or federal rules
5. Extent to which exceed national or regional compliance standards
6. Date of last evaluation and impact of technology, economic or other
7. Other changes or developments that demonstrate no continued
need for the rule